Our interest in contemporary commemoration lead to us locating instances of commemoration in Santa Barbara. The History & Relevancy team has developed a pilot version of what will soon become a more developed virtual tour of Santa Barbara’s public monuments.
Stops along the route include:
- Santa Barbara Public Library: Tympanum above Southwest Entrance
- “California Cowboy” Sculpture at the Earl Warren Showgrounds
- Dolphin Family at Stearns Warf
- Syuxtun Story Circle near West Beach
- Moreton Bay Fig Tree at the Amtrak Train Station
- Sacagawea Statue at 1302 State Street